How is Brian doing in the Quarantine??
Brian is the Area Rep serving the Mercer and surrounding counties in Southern WV.
Brian was asked the following questions. Below each are his answers.
- How is God using COVID to impact your walk with Him?
- I was studying 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 a few weeks before the COVID. It ended up being the very thing that God has been teaching during this season. Paul says to take “captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” For me, this include the fear and worry from this and I had to remind myself that it may have caught me off guard but God has known about this since the beginning. Better yet, Romans 8:28 tells us that “He works all things out for the good!” So it has just been a powerful reminder of how our thoughts can be our biggest enemy if we don’t take them to the promises that God gives us.
- What is something you’re looking forward to doing once the restrictions are lifted?
- I am looking forward to going back to my local coffee shops and dinners and having conversations in person. All the virtual meetings, phone calls and texts has been great but as any extrovert knows, it is nothing compared to sitting at the table with someone!
- What is the first restaurant you’ll eat at when you can go in and sit down?
- I am going to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel and get my pancakes and bacon then head to Texas Roadhouse for their rolls.
- What habit/lifestyle change from the quarantine time do you hope to hang on to?
- Early on in the quarantine, I decided I wasn’t going to spend all the extra time scrolling through social media every night. Instead, I wanted to take this time to pray and study the Bible. I didn’t want to just read it, but actually spend time there and journal my way through passages. Through this, I wasn’t met with fear or anxiety from it all but instead overwhelmed with His promises of faithfulness! This will definitely be a lifestyle change that last past the quarantine.
- What’s been your favorite pastime/sanity break during quarantine?
- I love to be in the outdoors regardless of what that may be! Over the past few weeks, my sanity breaks have consisted of plenty of fishing trip and turkey hunts.